We use PayPal for all payments because it is quick, safe and reliable and there is no need for anyone to disclose any bank details. PayPal do take a small fee when a PayPal payment is made to you, PayPal refers to the fee as "paying for goods and services".
Set up your PayPal account
As soon as you've registered with Newsflare, you will be able to enter your PayPal details in the area in your profile marked 'Sales'.
Make sure this information is kept up-to-date. If you change your PayPal email address for any reason, you can update this information in your Newsflare profile.
Add an extra email address to your PayPal account
If you registered to Newsflare with a different email address to your PayPal email address, you can add this to your PayPal account. Simply log into PayPal, head to Settings and click '+' to Add Email Address
If you don't have a PayPal account:
If you don't have a PayPal account set up already, before we attempt payment you will receive an email explaining how to set one up.
To set one up now, head to www.paypal.com
Once you've done that, log back into your Newsflare account and enter the email address you used to sign up to PayPal, it's as easy as that.
If you've not completed the PayPal setup process, your payment will sit their waiting for up to 30 days, follow their instructions to complete their setup process.
If you've set up your PayPal account to automatically accept payments, payments from Newsflare will automatically be popped into your account.
If your PayPal account is set up where you have to manually claim each payment, once notified of payment you'll need to head to PayPal to accept the payment:
- Log into PayPal
- Go to Summary
- Under ‘Pending’, next to the message showing the recipient ‘hasn’t accepted yet’, click Approve
If you don't claim your PayPal payment within 30 days it will be returned to us automatically by PayPal.
PayPal isn't available in your country of residence
PayPal is available in at least 26 currencies and 203 countries. If you live in a country where PayPal isn't available, please contact us and we will ensure you receive payment via other means.
Minimum £25 payment
Every time your video sells, we keep a tally and once your outstanding payment balance reaches £25 we'll send you an email letting you know that your payment has been made.
For more information about Payments, please head to How do I get paid.
To set one up now, head to www.paypal.com
Typical reasons why you've not received your payment yet
Once we've notified you that we're making a payment (note payment notifications are different to Sale notifications), we'll attempt to make that payment within 2 working days
The fastest way to receive your payment is to check the following - it could be that it is just waiting for an action within your PayPal account:
- Check your PayPal account isn't restricted: When we attempt to make a payment and your account is restricted, PayPal will reject the payment. To check if this is the case - please see the following step by step guide by PayPal: How do I remove limitations from my account If this is the case, the initial payment attempt will have failed, at the beginning of the following month we'll re-attempt to make the payment, so long as you've removed the restrictions on your account the payment should go through as normal the following month.
- Payment not yet "Claimed" from your PayPal account: Some accounts are setup where you have to approve each transaction or potentially you've not completed the PayPal setup process. Please check your PayPal account is fully setup and the payment isn't in PayPal waiting for your approval, see 'Claiming payment' above for instructions.
- Balance not yet over £25: If you've received a sale notification, if the amount accrued isn't over £25 we'll keep a tally and as soon as it reaches £25 we'll send you an email letting you know payment is on its way- see 'Claiming payment' above for more info.
- Payment hasn't been received from our Partner yet: Sometimes the there is a bit of a delay between once we receive notification from a Partner that they want to purchase your video and them using it / paying us. Once we receive payment from them, we'll split this with you. Please see this article for more information When will I be paid.