It's easy to upload your video, follow these simple steps to get your video seen.
- How to upload
- Types of videos to upload
- Tips to helping your video sell
- Help if you can't upload your video
Newsdesk reached out: If a member of our Newsdesk approached you about your video, they might have sent you an upload link. All you need to do is click through this link and fill in the details on the form to automatically create a personal Newsflare account and upload your video. Otherwise, you can use the Newsflare website or app to register as a member, create an account and then hit the upload button to upload your first video.
You've just registered / uploading another video: Log into your account and head to Upload video and follow the prompts.
If you experience any problems with your upload or would like some assistance, please Contact Us
What kind of videos should I upload?
Our clients are interested in a huge range of videos, from news events and extreme weather footage to animals, sports, stunts and viral videos. Take a look at the recently-sold videos on our website homepage.
If you think your video is valuable, there's a strong chance our clients will too! And even if you're not sure, why not upload it and see? You can upload as many videos as you like to your account and it doesn't cost you anything to try. Newsflare is a platform which is open to everyone and we encourage you to experiment and have fun.
We only have two rules:
- The video must be yours - you must have filmed the video yourself and you must be the sole copyright owner.
- The video must not contain any gratuitously offensive, obscene, libellous or defamatory material and it must not breach the rights of any third party.
Information to add which will help your video sell
For detailed information and tips, please see our Top tips for getting your video sold guide.
Descriptions: Make sure we have all the information we need like time, date, location and a good description of what your video is about this helps us market your video and for buyers to find it.
Some buyers will be looking for a specific location so make sure your video includes where it was taken.
Tags: The more tags that your video has the more likely your video will be found by buyers and sold. For more information on what to tag your video with see this handy Tag Tips article.
Remove copyrighted material: If you've put a popular song as a soundtrack on your video, or you've accidentally included some copyrighted material in the footage - In most cases we won't be able to license a video if it contains copyrighted material so, if possible, always try to upload your video with raw, natural sound. If this isn't possible we can sometimes re-edit a video using royalty-free music.
Add YouTube Monetisation: To help manage any unauthorised copies of your clip and to make money through YouTube advertising, we can set up YouTube monetisation for you, see how.
If you're having trouble uploading your video, please check the following - it's typically down to one of these:
1) Check your browser is up to date: The most common cause for failed upload is due to an old version of your browser. If you haven't updated your web browser for a while, check it is up to date - see:
- Google Chrome guide
- Safari guide
- Mozilla Firefox guide (however it is set to update automatically)
- Internet explorer guide
- Opera auto update guide
2) Check wifi / internet connection: If you're using your mobile, sometimes it can take a while for your video to upload - don't close the app, keep the upload screen visible - the yellow progress line will turn green and then disappear.
3) Clear your browsing history and cache : If you're experiencing upload errors then it may be due to a new feature. When we update our website, your browser may still use old files which can cause display or access problems. Clearing your browser cache may help: protect your personal information and help our features run better on your computer.
To clear your browser history and cache depends on whether you're on a PC or MAC, so it's best to Google 'How to clear my cache' to find the result that suits your browser and computer.